Ivy Rock Partners is working with a fantastic charity who need additional resource to help them through their year end period. If you are a charities specialist who is immediately available and looking for work then please read on.
Reporting to the Financial Assurance Manager, the year end Accountant is the focal point for the coordination of year end accounts, month end closure processes, and financial controls. You will work closely with other members of the London finance team and Country Offices Finance Managers.
You will ensure that the year end account closure process is managed effectively in collaboration with the Global Finance Team and ensure audits are coordinated and carried out in line with statutory requirements.
- Under instruction and supervision from the Financial Assurance Manager (FAM), the year end Accountant will perform a range of financial accounting duties.
- Assist the production of UK consolidated statutory accounts including Auditor’s lead schedules and liaise with Auditors
- Coordinate & consolidate the submission of year end account reports from around 15 country offices; prepare/review the year end schedules to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure the delivery of year end account milestones against the audit schedules and timelines.
- Produce exception reports to proactively manage any gaps throughout the process.
- Prepare balance sheet accounts reconciliations for the key control accounts. Ensure prepayments and accruals are reviewed and posted in line with the yearend timeline. Ensure that breakdown schedule of prepayments and accruals is prepared.
- Carry out deferred & accrued income accounts reconciliation as part of the year end closure process and investigate and resolve discrepancies when required.
- Support the project closure design process to ensure that the financial closure processes are improved and embedded across the organisation
- Assisting with month end processes by processing various expenditure & balance sheet accounts including their reconciliation
- Run standard processes and reports facilitating month-end and yearend financial accounting checks such as key account reconciliations (bank accounts, intercompany, debtor and creditors).
Essential Skills and Experience
- Newly qualified accountant and/or part qualified (ACA / CIMA / ACCA)
- Solid yearend account production experience; Experience with transactional and balance sheet reconciliations
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- A self-starter, with the ability to work under pressure and to accomplish tasks to a high level of quality with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and experience of using financial accounting systems such as Access
- Dimensions, SAP, SunSystems or similar systems.
- An eye for detail and a concern for accuracy