Our West London based public sector client, have an immediate requirement for a Test Engineer to join on a permanent basis. This role is joining a growing software delivery function and will play a key role as this team grows and diversifies.
This role will be the organisations eyes and ears when it comes to testing, working alongside 3rd party testing teams. There is potential for the in-house testing function to grow moving forwards.
We are looking for someone who can help grow and develop the existing test process, while delivering a complete QA programme. This role is ideal for a Test Engineer looking to make the step up into a Lead Test Engineer role.
Duties and responsibilities for the Test Engineer:
- Write test strategy and test plans
- Manage internal stakeholders and third-party testing resources
- Managing test execution providing SME support during different testing phases
- Responsible for defining test approach to end-to-end application solutions
- Manage execution of overall testing: system integration, user acceptance, performance, regression, penetration, API call, and operational and functional acceptance
- Take responsibility for the programme testing workstream
- Deliver test plants to cover testing of on premise and SaaS applications
- Define and execute test scenarios and scrips to ensure new SaaS systems pass through system integration, end-to-end, UAT and regression testing (including automation) to minimise implementation risk
- Work alongside programme teams, internal SME’s and third-party suppliers to ensure the testing discipline is understood and considered in delivery plans
- Implement the use of automated tooling where appropriate
- Work with team members to implement robust and repeatable tests