Ivy Rock Partners are working exclusively with Action for Children to recruit a pivotal member of the Finance team to support strategic and commercial decision making, maximising opportunities for the charity as it enters a new period of growth. This position offers a brilliant opportunity for an experienced finance professional to step into a large organisation with great opportunities for future progression, in a role that has significant impact both internally and externally.
Action for Children are working to improve life for children in the UK with a vision that every child and young person has a safe and happy childhood. Putting children at the heart of everything they do, Action for Children have three areas of work: Intervention, Prevention and Advocacy.
Working closely with senior management, the Senior Finance Business Partner will play a key part in delivering a valuable, strategic finance function to the wider business. Key Responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team of experienced Finance Business Partners, supporting team development, and ensuring a high level of service is provided
- Working closely with the Managing Director for Children’s Services, providing financial advice and guidance on performance across the 4 nations and identifying risks
- Leading on all aspects of budgeting, forecasting and long-term financial modelling for the nations.
- Providing detailed financial analysis into contract performance
- Leading on the financial review of business development activities, ensuring robust costing for tenders and working on financial negotiations with external parties
- Maintaining a focus on improving processes and financial reporting and managing change programmes where necessary
This position would suit a qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CIPFA), comfortable working in a senior-facing role, using to communicating and partnering with Director-level, non-finance stakeholders. Strong team management and emotional intelligence is required to manage the team and candidates should be able to demonstrate these attributes. A background in the Not-for-Profit sector or experience working with service delivery contracts is essential. This position would suit someone able to build strong relationships both within finance and across the wider business. We are looking for someone commercially astute, able to understand the costing and contracting environment in which Action for Children operates.
Applications will close on the 18th June but interviews will be held continuously. If you are interested in this position, please get in touch with Kate Marriott at Ivy Rock Partners for more information.