If you are a senior Payroll professional with a commitment to providing an excellent service, looking for a senior payroll position in a function with a reputation for providing a quality service, this Payroll Manager position with King’s College London may be the right next step for you.
King’s are a world-class institution and hold a place as one of the top 10 UK universities in the world. With over 31,000 students from 150 countries and over 8,500 employees, King’s provide world-class teaching and cutting-edge research. King’s strategy is to inspire future generations through a rounded education and contribute insights and solutions for the world’s diverse challenges.
Not only offering a market-leading pension and benefits package, this role also offers a brilliant opportunity to join an organisation that really values and looks after its staff and prioritises employee wellbeing.
Reporting into the Head of Payroll and Pensions, key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the delivery of an efficient Payroll service, proactively business partnering with key stakeholders to understand requirements and ensure needs are being met
- Continuously develop the Payroll service, identifying areas to improve and working through improvement projects in line with best practice
- Working collaboratively with the Head of Payroll to work through solutions to issues, ensuring the Service runs smoothly
- Acting as the first point of contact for the Service, dealing with enquiries in a professional way and delegating appropriately
- Maintaining a calm and sympathetic manner when dealing with stakeholder issues, using tact and emotional intelligence to work through problems
- Assisting with the reconciliation of Payroll accounts including PAYE & N.I.
- Managing and supporting a large payroll team, motivating staff and ensuring staff are developed and that performance reviews are conducted.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a large payroll function and will be able to manage a strong team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to balance multiple priorities and deliver timely and high-quality results. The Payroll Manager must be able to build relationships across the organisation and support and motivate a strong team and should be comfortable carrying out the responsibilities outlined above.
Experience working in Higher Education would be beneficial but is not essential, candidates are encouraged to speak with Kate Marriott at Ivy Rock Partners to find out more information.