Are you a skilled Management Accountant seeking a new opportunity? Look no further! Ivy Rock Partners has an exciting Management Accountant position available within a prestigious London university’s finance department.
As a Management Accountant, you will play a vital role in overseeing the month end process of two key departments. You’ll be working closely with faculty and directorate managers, providing them with valuable information to enhance decision-making, planning, and control. In this pivotal position, you will contribute to effective finance business partnering and management accounting services while fostering a culture of customer service and continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Business Partner, you will ensure the provision of high-quality financial data to academic and financial departments within the faculty, developing strong communication skills to liaise with colleagues and academic staff.
If you are a fully or part qualified member of a professional accountancy body or possess equivalent experience, this role will offer you an excellent platform to unleash your potential as a Management Accountant.
- Provide regular management accounts reports, analysis, forecasts, reconciliations, and commentaries.
- Deliver planning, budgeting, and costing information to support strategic decision-making.
- Maintain complex staff establishments, ensuring effective control and monitoring through reconciliations and forecasts.
- Assist the Senior Finance Business Partner in the planning and budgeting process.
- Facilitate financial training and development to enhance devolved financial management.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for financial matters, addressing queries from faculties and departments.
- Deliver outputs and services at various organizational levels, such as Faculty, School/Cluster, and Department.
- Support, cover, and share best practices within the management accounting team.
- Undertake other duties, tasks, and projects aligned with the role’s scope and grade, as directed by the Senior Finance Business Partner or the Assistant Director of Finance.
- Provide planning, budgeting, and costing information to drive informed decision-making.
Please note that this list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and you will be expected to undertake additional tasks and responsibilities within the post’s scope and grading.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and deliver results under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Possess excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel, and a willingness to adapt to new systems.
- Demonstrate experience in effective collaboration with staff from diverse teams.
- Showcase meticulousness and attention to detail, ensuring a consistently high level of accuracy.
- Exhibit the ability to engage professionally and confidently with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Display a proactive mindset, capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Foster curiosity, a customer service-oriented mindset, and a commitment to personal accountability and continuous improvement.
- Be adaptable and flexible in the face of organizational change, actively driving your professional development.
- Embrace and promote equality and diversity in the workplace, aligning with the King’s Principles in Actions.
- Hold a recognized accountancy qualification.