Ivy Rock Partners is working with one of the UK’s largest Housing Associations – Peabody, in recruiting a Lead Technical Accountant. This is a permanent role with a salary of around £75,000. This is a great chance to join an organisation with plenty of progression opportunities and hybrid working. We’re looking for Strong, up-to-date technical knowledge of accounting standards, and ideally (but not essential) Housing SORP/ Charities SORP. You’ll also ideally have strong understanding of intercompany accounting and consolidated reporting, with experience of managing a team of auditors delivering the external audit of organisations of comparable size and complexity to Peabody.
Purpose of role:
- Lead on all aspects the Acquisition accounting of Catalyst into Peabody including but not limited to the accounting for the fair valuing of Catalyst entity assets and its subsidiaries.
- Assess and advise on the impact of the impact of fair value accounting and the implications for future periods.
- Following Transfer of Engagement lead on merger accounting to incorporate Catalyst Housing Limited entity into Peabody Trust.
- Act as the technical lead for all future merger activity.
- Engage with colleagues across the directorate on the alignment of accounting policies between Peabody and Catalyst and advise on their impact.
- With the Head of Group Reporting act as the organisation’s internal expert on matters of accounting standards, preparing judgement papers on specific transactions or issues, and liaising as necessary with external auditors.
- Co-ordinate with external auditors the review of significant areas of merger & acquisition accounting, ensuring they are reviewed and signed off early.
- Advise on accounting judgements and areas of material significance to the Group and its subsidiaries. Incorporate key headlines into the Group’s annual judgement paper.
- Be heavily in involved in the management of consolidation adjustments.
- Support in the preparation of statutory financial reporting for the Group, and it’s subsidiaries including any necessary planning, especially for new activities and entities.
- Engage with colleagues across the Directorate and as necessary the organisation, to provide advice on the application of accounting standards and policies, and their implications for proposed transactions and their structures.
- Use your technical accounting knowledge and expertise as a ‘value add’ tool for the organisation.
- Work in harmony with the wider Finance directorate to ensure the effective operational delivery of the Group’s strategic financial objectives.
- Work with internal customers to determine the accounting implications of legislative, demographic and policy changes.