Ivy Rock Partners is working with one of the UK’s leading educational providers in recruiting an Internal Audit Manager. If you’re looking for a chance to work for an organisation who lead the way in their field, and offer hybrid working, generous Local Government Pension Scheme and lots of other fantastic benefits – this could be the perfect role for you.
The Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services to improve operations and identify areas of risk across all academies and Head Office. They will play a key role in supporting and monitoring compliance with financial, operational & governance procedures and regulations.
Main areas of responsibility – The Internal Audit Manager will:
- develop an annual audit plan using appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risk or control concerns identified by the management, and submitting the plan to the Chair of the Audit & Risk Committee for review and approval.
- implement the annual audit plan, as approved, including, and as appropriate, any special tasks or projects requested by the senior management and the Audit & Risk Committee.
- execute and deliver audits in line with industry best-practice methodology and IIA standards including producing audit reports, which are impactful and address the root cause of issues.
- perform consulting services to assist senior management in meeting the Federation’s strategic objectives.
- monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the Federation’s Risk Management processes.
- highlight risks for inclusion in the Federation Risk Register as appropriate and assist the Director of Risk and Compliance in its compilation.
- issue periodic reports to the Audit & Risk Committee and senior management summarising results of audit activities. ?assist in the investigation of suspected fraudulent activities in the Federation and notify senior management and the Audit & Risk Committee of the results.
- prepare annual internal scrutiny reports to the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
- manage all internal audit processes effectively and look to continuously improve them.
- provide day-to-day oversight and management of the internal audit team, providing clear direction and effective communication.
- develop internal audit team members, through coaching and knowledge transfer.
- develop and maintain effective working relationships with multiple senior stakeholders in academies, Head Office and Board members.