In partnership with Ivy Rock Partners, WaterAid are looking to recruit a new Head of Management Accounting.
WaterAid is an international not-for-profit, determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation.
Since we started in 1981, we’ve remained resolutely focused on tackling these three essentials that transform people’s lives.
Without all three, people can’t live dignified, healthy lives. With all three, they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty, and change their lives for good. Children grow up healthy and strong, women and men get to earn a living, whole communities start to thrive. It sounds normal and it should be.
This position sits across in the Corporate and UK Finance Team and is based in London. This role will work have a matrix leadership for management accounting across WaterAid UK, working closely with international management accountants and also other federation management accountants.
The focus of the role will be to lead a step change in the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of budgeting, forecasting, and reporting using technical systems knowledge and excellent people skills to provide specialist financial advice to enhance well informed decision-making based upon insight derived from data and reflection.
We’re looking for:
- A professional accounting qualification, preferably CIMA but will accept ACA, ACCA or CIPFA if supported by relevant professional experience.
- Ability to work beyond the confines of the traditional finance area and is commercially astute: applying the wider local and business context and incorporating this into short and long-term strategic thinking.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships with both finance and non-finance colleagues and work in a collaborative way but also the proven ability to influence at a senior level
- Strong planning and forecasting experience providing practical and strategic advice to senior management teams
- Proven experience of using insight and analysis to provide trends, inform and drive business decisions
- Excellent knowledge of a budgeting and forecasting system and a working knowledge of financial accounting systems
- Proven ability to use BI tools for performance insight
- Experienced in increasing financial literacy and building capabilities in others.
- Experience in managing, coaching, motivating and developing a high performing team
- Positive, proactive and flexible approach. A self-starter that can cope well with changing and conflicting priorities
- Highly organised, with the ability to prioritise and co-ordinate multiple tasks and confident to work independently
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these
- Experience of working effectively in different cultures, preferably gained in an International Development Organisation
- Knowledge or previous experience of Charity Financing
Please contact Phil Southern from Ivy Rock Partners for more information: email@example.com | 07766401842
- You will need to submit your CV and a brief statement of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 13th July
- Shortlisting on Friday 15th July
- Interviews will be held with WaterAid week commencing 18th July