We are seeking an interim Head of Finance for a fantastic maternity cover post at Clean Air Fund.
Clean Air Fund is a rapidly growing, ambitious charity seeking to reduce air pollution across the globe.
As Head of Finance, you will provide the day-to-day leadership of the finance team to enable Clean Air Fund to run smoothly and efficiently; additionally, you will support the Director of Operations and Finance in setting financial strategy, lead on the monthly management accounts review with SLT, and attend the Finance, Audit and Risk Committee meetings.
The Head of Finance role has a wide impact encompassing
- Grantee assessment and controls (pre-contract) – 30%
- Financial planning and reporting – 25%
- Grantee management (post contract) – 20%
- Financial control – 15%
- Finance stakeholder management – 10%
As CAF are growing rapidly, comfort with almost continuous change is vital, as is the desire to learn, improve and grow with the organisation at all moments.
You will need to possess:
- CCAB Accountancy qualification
- Ability to produce high quality financial reports.
- Strong knowledge of financial processes and control environments.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, in particular advanced Excel skills and intermediate modelling skills.
- Outstanding English communications skills, both oral and written.
- Proficient in all areas of Microsoft. Must possess strong PowerPoint, Excel and word; ability to learn new packages, when required.
It would be beneficial to possess:
- Previous exposure to the non-profit sector, particularly if it has been gained with a practice with a strong NGO client base
- Database systems experience and the ability to manage and design reports for databases.
- An understanding of the financial risk environment within the international development sector
- Experience of working with SMEs
Please contact Michael Quest at Ivy Rock Partners to find out more and request the candidate pack.
- You will need to share a CV and brief 1 page cover letter by 26th June
- Interviews will be held on the week commencing 4th July
- The 12 months contract will start in post from mid-July to August at latest
As an employer, CAF is committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, returning parents, carers or any other aspect which makes them unique. They particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups to apply and we would encourage you to let us know if there are steps we can take to ensure that the recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable. CAF is committed to ensuring the safety and protection of their employees from all forms of harm.