Ivy Rock Partners is supporting ACEVO with the recruitment of a head of finance and operations, a pivotal leader who will play a key role on the senior management team of this impressive organisation. ACEVO is the membership network for civil society leaders, dedicated to seeing the sector’s leaders make the biggest possible difference to the people, communities and causes they serve.
ACEVO is looking for a leader who shares this vision of supporting and inspiring fellow civil society leaders and who also upholds the charity’s values of being member-driven, connected, ambitious and honest.
The head of finance and operations will manage the finance function and oversee the production of management and statutory accounts, budgets and forecasts and financial processing. Crucially, this role will also work collaboratively with non-finance stakeholders and the board to deliver sound financial advice and support to contribute towards strategic decision making. The head of finance and operations will also use their knowledge and experience to work with the SMT to deliver ACEVO’s strategy, and position finance within the business as a truly value-adding function. This position will also have oversight of the HR, IT and governance for ACEVO, however external resource is available, so an interest rather than experience in these areas is required.
We are looking for:
- An approachable manager, able to bring out the best in people and capable of driving performance across the finance and operations functions (direct experience in HR, IT and governance is not essential)
- A fully qualified accountant holding either an ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA qualification
- Experience manging the finance function, including the supervision of key financial processing functions
- Experience preparing budgets, forecasts and developing financial plans
- Strong technical finance skills with experience of putting together statutory accounts (experience with charity SORP would be beneficial but is not essential)
- A finance leader able to build credibility and confidence across ACEVO both with direct reports, others on the SMT and the board
This is a full-time role ideally covering normal office hours, although flexible working will be considered. We are offering a salary of £50k, 28 days’ holiday a year and good pension benefits. You will be home based but with frequent visits to London to meet up with the team and attend events. In our most recent staff survey, 100% of our team said they enjoy their job and would recommend ACEVO as a great place to work.
Applications will close on 7 of September however Ivy Rock will be interviewing candidates continuously and may close the process early, so for more information please get in touch with Kate Marriott to ensure you do not miss out on this opportunity.