Voice 21 is the national oracy education charity. They exist to empower every child to use their voice for success in school and life. Their work transforms learning and life chances through talk by increasing access to a high-quality oracy education for those that need it most.
Over the past five years, Voice 21 has grown from operating in a single school in London to a national organisation, with a network of over 600 schools across the country. They are now embarking on their new five year strategy which aims to deepen their impact on outcomes for this generation of children and young people and those to come by significantly increasing the number of Voice 21 Oracy Schools in areas of high need and mobilising a movement of teachers and schools. To help them achieve this, we are sourcing a Head of Finance to enable the organisation to reach and support more schools, improve their ways of working and deliver their ambitions.
Over the next year Voice 21 will more than double in income from £1.1m to £2.5m. They are looking for someone who will be able to lead the finance team through this growth to ensure that they are taking care of the day to day running of these two functions while building the systems and processes – and providing the management information and reporting – to enable them to scale in line with their 5-year strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and coordinate our annual budgeting and financial planning process, oversee its delivery and reporting
- Act as a finance business partner with budget holders across the organisation to provide training, information and support as required
- Prepare functional and project budgets for the SLT and project owners
- Prepare monthly management accounts, variance reporting and financial information for the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), Finance Committee & Board as required
- Maintain rolling 3-year income and expenditure forecast, working with the Director of Operations
- Maintain up to date cash flow forecast and manage cash investments
- Oversee production of Annual Report and Accounts, including managing the audit process end to end
- Lead the identification and implementation of improvements to Finance processes, as agreed with the Director of Operations. This could include improving our Purchase Order and expense approvals process to give greater visibility and ownership of expenditure to budget holders
- Work with Finance Lead to oversee cash management systems, payroll, bookkeeping, invoicing, payments and banking arrangements
- Work with Finance Lead to ensure all budget holders are supported to manage their budgets and make decisions appropriately
Voice 21 welcome applications to this role from across England as the role will be predominantly home-based, with regular travel to their office in London (at least monthly) as well as national travel to attend meetings and work collaboratively with the team across the country. Applications on a full-time or 4-day per week basis welcome.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Phil Southern at Ivy Rock Partners for more information.