If you are looking for a senior finance role with a broad remit, a supportive CFO and a mandate to shape and develop the finance function of an impressive Not for Profit organisation, this Head of Finance role with CILEX may be the right next step for you. Joining at an exciting time, the Head of Finance will be a crucial part of the Senior Finance Leadership team and will gain valuable exposure to senior stakeholder management, Board reporting and strategic leadership.
CILEX are a forward thinking Chartered Body, supporting diversity and social mobility within the legal profession who have pioneered ground-breaking and innovate approaches to legal education. By joining CILEXx, this Head of Finance will play a key role in an organisation respected across the UK for promoting the value of its members.
Reporting into the CFO, the Head of Finance will be responsible for managing a direct team of 5. Key Responsibilities will include:
- Leading the day-to-day financial accounting across the business, ensuring the integrity of the numbers reported and leading on the preparation of the statutory accounts
- Reviewing the consolidation of the monthly management accounts and presenting analysis to the CFO, identifying key areas of opportunity and concern
- Leading on the budgeting, financial planning and forecasting for the organisation, working with the Finance Business Partners to ensure accuracy of the numbers and that the business is receiving a first-class service from Finance
- Delivering a first-class financial control environment and driving best practice in each division of the finance team
- Proactively reviewing finance systems and processes to continuously improve the performance of the department
- Acting as a trusted deputy to the CFO, willing to get into the detail and sort out issues and identify solutions to challenges at all levels across the team which at times might include being extremely hands-on
- Constructively working with the team to identify areas for personal development and creating a positive, supportive team environment
We are looking for strong team players with experience in managing and getting the best out of their team. This position would suit a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA) with a strong, technical financial background.
Experience across financial accounting is essential and ideally the successful candidate will have experience across the vertical breadth of finance, with a strong understanding of how to properly reconcile accounts, through to experience reporting to senior management and the Board. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as is an ability to build credibility and relationships both within finance and externally.
If you are interested in this position, please apply early as interview will be held in early August and initial screening will be done continuously. For more information, please get in touch with Kate Marriott from Ivy Rock Partners.