A rated outstanding academy trust in North East London are looking to recruit a dynamic Financial Controller, with a real passion for delivery and improving outcomes of young children across London. This is the perfect way to blend solid finance skills and qualifications for an incredibly worthy cause.
- Provide effective management of the day-to-day operation of the financial function at the Trust, including all the Trust’s schools and services.
- To line and performance manage a small and growing team.
- Ensure the monthly and annual financial statements for all schools and services within the Trust are accurate and prepared in compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements. In addition, the role holder will ensure all external reporting requirements are met.
- Support the Head of Finance by leading all transactional and financial accounting activity across the Trust, with the primary purpose of supporting the achievement of outstanding educational outcomes for the Trust’s pupils.
- Lead and work with the Finance Officer to provide an excellent transactional finance service to all schools and Services in the Trust.
- Take a lead on behalf of the Head of Finance to ensure overall financial compliance with statutory and legal requirements and monitor process against the Trust’s accounting and financial policies and procedures.
- Report directly to the Head of Finance and directly line manage the Finance Officer, being accountable for their level of performance.
- Deputise for the Head of Finance where necessary.