If you are looking for a varied Financial Management role with responsibilities ranging from Group financial analysis and reporting to tackling technical financial challenges, this position with a large, established national charity might be the right next step for you. This role offers a great opportunity to gain exposure to a broad remit across Finance opening up significant opportunities for career development.
Offering an excellent benefits package and the change to work in a genuinely high-performing team, for an organisation with a reputation for developing its staff, this role offers an interesting challenge for a qualified accountant coming from a financial management or Practice background.
Reporting into the Director of Finance, the Financial Controller will be responsible for;
- Building relationships with key senior stakeholders, driving financial understanding, and working proactively to drive efficiencies and identify opportunities to develop controls and processes
- Consolidating the monthly management accounts prepared by a team of qualified Finance Managers, analysing financial reports and commentary to prepare the consolidated report for the CFO
- Overseeing the relationship with the Shared Service Centre and setting up processes to review reconciliations
- Proactively reviewing processes, collaborating with the Systems Finance team and Finance Managers to develop these and ensure they are fit for purpose
- Developing the processes to enable finance to be an enabling partner to the wider organisation
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIPFA or CIMA) with exceptional relationship building skills and a keen technical mind. This position would suit someone moving from Practice, or someone with a strong technical background who has worked in a Finance function. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to build credibility across internal and external teams. Applicants from both the commercial and Not for Profit sector are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply early as interviews are being held as suitable applicants get in touch and this role may be filled before the closing date. For more information, contact Kate Marriott at Ivy Rock Partners.