Royal Museums Greenwich are recruiting a Financial Operations Manager to create and maintain a high performing and customer focused financial operations team, covering all aspects of finance operations, including income processing, payments and cash and bank management and ensure that financial transactions are timely, accurate and reflect a controlled financial environment.
Hybrid working, with 1-2 days from home.
Greenwich is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most historic areas of London, Royal Museums Greenwich attractions include the historic ship Cutty Sark and the Royal Observatory, plus the free National Maritime Museum and Queen’s House.
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations of RMG and continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of these whilst ensuring that all relevant key controls are in place and that customer requirements are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Create a high performing and motivated team and regularly review the output of the team to ensure they are working in the most effective way possible, using metrics where necessary
- Provide information and advice to stakeholders across the museum on all aspects of financial processing
- Act as a system administrator for Soprano, Bottomline, Bankline and ensure all other relevant systems are appropriately managed
- Integrate financial operations and controls between finance and non-finance departments to ensure consistency of approach and accurate outputs
- Ensure relevant balance sheet reconciliations are completed in a timely manner and relevant items are cleared
- Act as key contact for all banking providers and ensure appropriate cash management
- Ensure that the financial operations team provides timely and accurate data for the year end audit including liaison with external auditors and provision of the necessary reports, documentation and support
- Ensure documentation of key processes, including process maps, is kept updated
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, including GDPR
- An excellent people manager, with a strong track record of improving the performance of teams and motivating individuals in financial operations
- A strong track record in financial operations of delivering excellent customer service and systems and processes that meet the needs of stakeholders
- Strong experience of delivering improvements in process
- Excellent analytical skills and strong proven problem-solving ability with superb attention to detail
- Strength in getting the best from IT systems to support a strong financial operations environment
- A self-starter, with the ability to work under pressure and to accomplish tasks to a high level of quality without supervision
- Ability to work under pressure whilst producing high quality, accurate work
- Adaptable and willing to meet the current and future needs of the organisation and key stakeholders.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft 365 packages
- Ability to represent finance to stakeholders both within an organisation and externally, and to build productive and positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Strong experience of delivering improvements in financial IT systems and integration with other operational systems.
- Strong experience of financial merchant systems and integrated payment systems