Ivy Rock are working with an exciting organisation based in the education sector. We are looking for an Finance Officer, ideally with Education sector experience, who will strengthen the Finance team through effective processing and analysis.
Type of role: Full-time, permanent
Reporting to: Senior Finance Manager
Annual Salary: £27,000 – £30,000 + Benefits
This is a hands-on role in a large established organisation. Working closely with the Senior Finance Manager and Operations Director to ensure the continuing financial stability of the school.
This role will suit someone who enjoys working as part of a small team and is happy to work on their own initiative.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Placing orders using SAP Concur, receiving goods and maintaining a professional relationship with suppliers
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of purchase invoices and other documents using SAP Concur invoice approval system and PS Financials accounting software, reconciling supplier statements, and preparing payment runs for authorisation
- Reconciling schools bank accounts, credit card statements and financial ledgers
- Operating petty cash; receiving, recording and banking monies paid into the school, ensuring all monies outstanding are collected
- Assisting the Senior Finance Manager with the preparation of month end and year end accounts
- Working with the Operations Director to ensure goods and services are processed in compliance with current and relevant procurement legislation, ensuring best value is achieved
- Assist with the administration of iPay (cashless payments) System for the School
- Support the Senior Finance Manager in driving forward change and initiatives which promote regularity, propriety, value for money and best standards
- Support other schools in South London region where necessary
The successful candidate will have the following essential qualities:
- Experience of running effective administrative and financial systems, ideally within a school environment
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially excel, PSF financials desirable
- Experience using financial databases and confidence and interest in learning new technologies
- Knowledge of Payroll and Pensions administration, desirable but not essential