Ivy Rock Partners is working with a well-known organisation to recruit a full-time Finance Business Partner. This is an exciting opportunity to join a household name in the arts sector enriched with culture.
The post holder will be a key point of contact for specific Heads of Department on all financial matters, supporting them in budgeting, forecasting and monitoring actual results, as well as responding to ad hoc queries.
This role will also support the Senior Leadership Team by providing relevant, accurate and useful reporting and analysis to support decision making. This is a high-profile role which will involve significant exposure to the Directors as well as other Senior leaders. We are looking for someone who is not only a strong analyst and able to get the best from IT systems but who is able to communicate what the numbers mean.
Reporting to: Head of Finance
- Be a key point of contact for assigned Heads of Departments and directors on all financial matters, providing support on budgeting and forecasting, monitoring of actual results and ad hoc queries
- Working as a team with the other Finance Business Partner, lead on the production of the monthly management accounts pack, ensuring timely and accurate reporting and incisive analysis and commentary
- Support the Senior Leadership Team to make decisions about the feasibility and affordability of new projects and resources and set up systems and processes to enable this
- Working as a team with the other Finance Business Partner, lead on budgeting and forecasting (including cash flow and reserves forecasting) to ensure a timely process and a high level of accuracy and engagement
- Provide support as required to key projects
- Lead on reporting to DCMS on all matters relevant to budgeting, forecasting and management accounts
- Take responsibility for the Chart of Accounts for the I&E, ensuring that it is fit for purpose and user friendly
- Ensure relevant Balance Sheet codes are reconciled and reviewed in a timely manner
- Provide training to non-financial managers with budgetary responsibility as required
- Input into year end processes as required
- Review and authorise payments as required
- Other reasonable duties and responsibilities as directed by the Head of Finance
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrable track record of working with non-finance managers to achieve high quality reporting and budgeting / forecasting, ideally within government bodies or heritage/cultural/charitable organisations.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong proven problem-solving ability
- Strength in getting the best from IT systems to support planning and reporting needs
- Ability to communicate financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders
- Customer and service focused
- A self-starter, with the ability to work under pressure and to accomplish tasks to a high level of quality without supervision
- Superb attention to detail
- Adaptable and willing to meet the current and future needs of the organisation and key stakeholders.
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA).
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft 365 packages