6-month fixed term contract or 3 days per week day rate contract, with a chance to go permanent – 2 days per week from London office
£85,000 – £90,000 for fixed term contract (5 days per week) or £650 (inside IR35) per day based on 3 day per week interim assignment.
Our London based public sector client have an immediate requirement for an Enterprise Architect to join on an initial 6 month contract, with a view to going permanent. This role is a key hire and will join a growing team working closely with the CTO.
Key duties required for the Enterprise Architect
- Leads the development of an implementation plan for the enterprise architecture based on business strategy and requirements.
- Formulates, translates, advocates, supports and executes business strategy to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Provides perspective on the readiness of the organisation to change and innovate.
- Uses planning-driven, design-driven and learning-driven approaches to construct future- and current-state business models.
- Owns oversight of the technical architecture ensuring a technology roadmap and service roadmaps are developed, maintained,visible to the business and utilised as tools to engage and aid strategic planning discussions. Ensures all stakeholders understand the vision state and the approach to achieving the technology roadmap
- Provides practical advice and best practices to overcome challenges works with teams to successfully deliver the expected business outcomes.
- Understands business outcomes, help shape business architecture and drive improvement and simplification of the underlying architectures and capabilities of the organisation.
- Collaboratively develops and oversees design principles which will be used for strategic decision making.
- Leads the design of the roadmaps, specifications, models and guidelines within a coherent architectural blueprint to meet user needs, including owning the teams’ architectural processes and principles, reviewing, documenting and reaching agreement with decision makers.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to understand user needs and requirements, ensure successful application of architectural design, support development and delivery of products, and implement systematic leveraging and reuse of enterprise components.
Key experience required for the Enterprise Architect
- In-depth knowledge of a range of architectural methods and practices (eg agile governance/design authority processes) with pragmatic implementation.
- Knowledge of enterprise and application design patterns.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate, industry and professional technology, security and data standards.
- Deep understanding of the technology and data sectors, the capabilities of a range of solutions (eg open source to proprietary/cloud, on-premise and hybrid) and the extent to which these systems can enable the outcomes required by the organisation.
- Demonstrable experience in the development and implementation of a range of architecture frameworks in pragmatic and enabling ways.
- Experience with IaaS, PaaS and Cloud Services such as AWS, Azure
- Demonstrable experience in stewarding multi-disciplinary teams, providing guidance and thought leadership to provide a shared vision.
- Demonstrable experience in identifying strategic and operational issues, thinking laterally, and applying analytical, qualitative and creative skills in tackling them.
- Demonstrable planning experience, including the capacity to take a global view and to deal with high levels of complexity and ambiguity, while simultaneously providing input to multiple complex streams of programmes, projects and initiatives