Ivy Rock Partners is supporting Serpentine in their search for a new Director of Finance.
Founded in 1970, historically Serpentine welcomes more than one million people each year across two locations in London’s Kensington Gardens, providing a space for thinking and reflection in the park. Connecting to communities across London and internationally, Serpentine is a nexus for artists and audiences, where new viewpoints and alternative futures develop and grow.
This is a prime time to join the organisation in this newly created role of Director of Finance. Reporting to the Chief Executive and working closely with the Artistic Director and Senior Management Team, the role will focus on overseeing the delivery of the organisation’s financial strategy thereby delivering on the twin objectives of short, medium and long term financial sustainability and increased reserves.
They are seeking a level-headed colleague, with experience of leading results-driven finance functions, who can set priorities for the team whilst keeping sight of longer-term objectives. The role requires flexibility and an ability to find ways through problems, as well as strong leadership to manage staff and encourage teamwork through collaborative relationships across Serpentine.
Main duties include:
- Supporting the Chief Executive to set and deliver the financial strategy
- Provide financial advice and leadership to Serpentine’s Board, Executives and Senior Management Team to ensure full engagement with financial processes, and understanding of the financial implications of decisions
- Lead on the annual budgeting process and prepare and obtain Board approval prior to year-end
- Responsible for the accurate and timely reporting in respect of all financial activities of Serpentine to comply with statutory and stakeholder requirements
- Oversee preparation of the annual statutory accounts of the charity
- Lead, motivate and develop the Finance team to ensure a proactive and supportive finance service is provided to staff and management across the charity
You will have:
- Fully qualified accountant (preferably CIMA, ACCA or ACA), with significant PQE
- Excellent track record of leading finance teams towards delivering against targets
- Experience in commercial analysis and decision making
- Proven track of successfully building and leading high-performing teams; motivating performance and supporting career development
- A good communicator with an open and inclusive style which inspires trust
Diversity and Inclusion
Serpentine has pledged to promote anti-racism in all that they do: the content of their programmes, the culture of their workplace, the diversity of their staff and the experiences of their audiences. They are committed to equity and inclusion, because these values are right and just. They look forward to receiving applications from all and particularly those from under-represented groups as they embark on the next chapter of Serpentine’s history.
Please send your CV and a supporting statement to Michael Quest of Ivy Rock Partners outlining your suitability for the role on firstname.lastname@example.org / 07766 401 842 before the closing date of Sunday 26th June 2022.