The part-time Director of Finance & Resources role is a pivotal position at Contact, a UK wide charity delivering support services to families whose children have a disability. You will be part of the Senior Management Team reporting into the new CEO, working closely to design the charity’s new long term business strategy. You will also oversee the day to day Financial, HR, IT, and Facilities Management operations.
Contact works with families to transform their lives, tackle disadvantage, and provide meaningful and practical support through a range of innovative programmes. Working to support and act on behalf of families whose children have disabilities, Contact is known for delivering excellent and vital care for the 620,000 parents in the UK who care for a disabled child. Their vision is that families with disabled children feel valued, confident, and can make the decisions that are right for them.
Reporting directly into the CEO, you will work closely with a range of senior stakeholders to create, develop, and deliver a new long-term business strategy as well as take ownership of relevant process improvement and change transformation requirements within your directorate. You will have overall responsibility for Finance, HR, IT Support, and Facilities management which is managed through a mixture of in-house and outsourced support. Some key responsibilities will include.
- Oversight of and responsibility for the day-to-day financial, HR, IT, and Facilities operations.
- Management of Contact’s financial strategy including investment, scenario analysis, financial accounting, management accounting and more.
- Working with the CEO, SMT, and Board to develop the organisation’s annual budgets and working with stakeholders to advise on budgetary changes and areas of risk.
- Lead on medium and long-term financial planning in particular relation to the organisation’s new long-term business strategy.
- Manage outsourced relationships with IT and other contractual vendors.
- Staff management, including training and development of 3 direct reports and 1 indirect report.
This is an opportunity to work for a charity already well known for delivering high-quality services to those in need, and to have a real impact on increasing its brand, services, and reach even further.
This position can be offered on a three or four day a week basis with candidates encouraged to discuss part-time working arrangements and options with the consultant.
Hybrid and flexible working policies are encouraged with around 1 day per week office based and the remainder from home or office dependent on preference.
25 days annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays and one extra day for each completed year of service up to a maximum of 30 days
Up to 5% employer and employee matched contribution pension
EAP free counselling services covering employees and their families
You will identify with Contact’s values, and bring a passion to working for an organisation that takes pride in its delivery of vital and compassionate resources to its beneficiaries. In addition to this, some key criteria for what we are looking for is as follows:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, CIPFA, ACCA, or equivalent)
- Experience in a senior finance position and have produced and managed complex budgets, contributing towards long-term financial plans and strategies.
- Experienced business partner with a proven track record of translating financial information to non-finance stakeholders at all levels.
- Proactive in assessing financial and operational processes, including identifying and establishing action plans for areas for improvement.
- Previous staff management and development experience.
How to Apply:
The recruitment process is being undertaken by Ivy Rock Partners on behalf of Contact.
Please apply below or contact Holly Arrowsmith from Ivy Rock Partners for more information and to view the full microsite.