Join WaterAid as Corporate Accountant to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The WaterAid UK Finance team is a combination of UK and internationally based team members and an integral part of the WaterAid federation.
As our proactive and diligent Corporate Accountant, you will work with the wider finance team to prepare consolidated financial statements and notes in accordance with SORP and financial reporting requirements and provide corporate management reporting including financial analysis on key risk areas such as foreign exchange for strategic decisions for the organisation.
This is a Full-time, Fixed Term Contract for 18 months with possibility of becoming permanent role based in Canary Wharf, however we support a hybrid working model.
In this role, you will be responsible for the consolidation of WaterAid UK financial statements and notes for statutory reporting to a high standard for external audit. You will take ownership for producing and maintaining accurate and consistent corporate level finance reports on all our finance systems.
- Provide management information through monthly corporate reporting and analysis of WaterAid UK accounts including the maintenance and development of a consolidation model as a source of information for Directors and Board of Trustees
- Be responsible for the maintenance and development of the model to produce the financial statements and notes
- Provide assurance that the reports we are producing provides consistent data across all finance systems
- Lead on the reporting of key foreign exchange and other economic risks including the monitoring of exchange rate movements and inflation.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- Demonstrate relevant experience producing statutory and corporate management accounts including financial analysis and useful commentaries for multi-site organisation, providing high quality reports to deadlines and to required standards.
- Degree level education and professional accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
- Ability to analyse data and provide narrative for financial information evidencing strong analytical skills
- Experience using a large accounting package and associated reporting tool
- Excellent MS Excel skills (familiar with pivot tables, lookups/ filters).
- Experience of leading projects, or at least managing a key project component.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with finance and non-finance colleagues including senior management and work in a collaborative way
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written to different audience
WaterAid benefits include:
- 28 days holiday (excluding Bank Holidays), increasing to 31 days with service & 1 Volunteer day off
- Give as You Earn, Cycle to Work & Annual Leave Purchase schemes
- Season Ticket Loan & Free annual eye test
- Access to savings, discounts and cashbacks across big brands in leisure, fashion, health, gyms, retail, travel and cinema
- A generous pension plan with an employer contribution of up to 10%
- Provision of a 24-hour confidential helpline and access to counselling & online health advice
- Flexible working; including the opportunity for part-time work and home working.
We offer employees the opportunity to make day-to-day choices about how and where they work. WaterAid is currently located at Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base. We support and enjoy a hybrid working environment, this includes regular attendance in the London office to connect with each other. We look forward to discussing with you how you can best deliver in your new role.
Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK. WaterAid is fully committed to protecting those with whom it comes into contact with in the course of its work and will conduct appropriate pre-employment checks. We are an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and are committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.