A fantastic opportunity to join The Place, London’s creative powerhouse for dance development, as the Chief Financial Officer at a time of exciting change.
The Place has been leading the way in dance training, creation, and performance for over 50 years. In a changing landscape, our mission for the future remains steadfast: we are powering imagination through dance, championing new ideas, embracing risks, and creating optimal conditions for dance artists and enthusiasts to realise their full potential.
The Chief Financial Officer will play a pivotal role in the leadership of the organisation, reporting to and working closely with the Chief Executive, Clare Connor in a period of positive development for the organisation. The role holds broad strategic influence and as Chief Financial Officer you will lead Finance, IT and Estates whilst also working closely with and supporting Governance, Human Resources, Risk Management and Capital Projects.
You will need to possess empathy for and experience of working with the charitable, cultural and Higher Education sectors; and be a positive, driven, and strategic leader with strong communication skills. You will be a skilled business partner, possessing strong emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills in order to build strong relationships with colleagues, governors and stakeholders.
- Proven track record in a Director of Finance or similar role with in-depth experience across financial management and procurement, risk management, operational service delivery and senior leadership
- Successful track record of leading organisational development and change management strategies
- Experience of reporting and influencing at Board level.
- Experience of charity/higher education/cultural sector strategic financial planning
- Demonstrable competence in strategic planning and in supporting business development and fundraising.
- Experience of developing and leading high performing teams.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operational metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure
- Professionally qualified accountant – CCAB or equivalent
Ivy Rock Partners has been engaged as sole agency on this piece of recruitment and will be handling all applications. Please contact Michael Quest directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request the candidate pack and find out more.
To Apply: please share your CV and cover letter before the deadline by emailing to email@example.com
- Application Deadline: Monday 5th July
- Interviews: weeks commencing 12th & 19th July
The Place is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Disabled candidates and those from ethnically diverse backgrounds who meet the minimum criteria for the role will be guaranteed an interview as they are underrepresented in our workforce.