An Academy Trust currently formed of a single school, in Bexhill-On-Sea are seeking a Chief Financial Officer. This position will be responsible for handling all elements of the finance function as well as oversight of most of the non-educational operations of the school. The Trust is currently in strong financial health and we require a CFO to continue this whilst supporting the Trust in its objectives of improving outcomes for our local community.
The role is based in Bexhill though there is opportunity for some remote working, particularly during non-term time. Other key benefits include the Local Government Pension Scheme, which, as a public sector defined benefit pension scheme, is often viewed as one of the major benefits of working in the academy sector.
- Take responsibility for the financial health of the organisation.
- Meet management budgeting and reporting deadlines
- Manage a team of 4 finance staff including the Business Manager
- Meet statutory budgeting and reporting deadlines (i.e. from both the external auditors, internal auditors and our regulator, the ESFA)
- Act as Company Secretary
- Ensure robust financial controls in place to manage public money appropriately.
- Develop financial strategies that will ensure continued good health for the organisation.
- Motivate employees on matters related to the company’s finances.
- Oversee the non-educational operations of the Trust including:
- Human Resources
- Data Protection
- Estates and Asset Management
- Risk Management
- Health and Safety
Education and experience
- Must be a fully Qualified Chartered Accountant (CCAB or equivalent)
- Experience of working in schools preferable (though not essential)
- Must be confident with MS Office (and Excel in particular)
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Work from home