Part Time CFO (2.5 days per week)
This is a truly exciting role for a personable CFO wanting to work closely with an ambitious small UK-based family office. The CFO will provide oversight for all administrative and financial aspects and the successful candidate will be agile, relishing working closely with the family to proactively find new ways to drive efficiency and opportunities.
You will lead the day-to-day financial transactions and periodic preparation, analysis & reporting, managing all necessary files and supporting documentation whilst acting as the liaison between the Office, the investments and various external advisors and service organisations.
Working directly and closely with family principals, the CFO will project manage and ensure delivery of all services internally and externally, with a special care toward protecting client’s assets and interests. The CFO will manage partner relationships, vendors, and other third-party interactions, with a deliberate and investigative approach to mitigate any surprises or unethical activities. You will also bring to bear external advisors and experts to support family investment and financial activities and non-financial assets.
- Prior experience of having been responsible for accounting and governance of investments and proven at a ‘Director’ level.
- Professional finance qualification (CCAB or equivalent)
- Be a self-starter and a confident individual with a proactive approach.
- Act with the utmost integrity (handle confidential information with utmost discretion, trust own judgment when “alarm bells” go off, etc.)
- Promote viewpoints when convinced they are in the Office’s best interests, and at the same time be willing to change opinion when presented with sound arguments.
- Analyse data effectively & make recommendations that incorporate both the results of the analysis along with the preferences of the family.
- Solve problems by recommending strategies that will serve the Office’s needs and best interests over the long-term
- Be innovative and creative, always striving to continuously improve the efficiency and quality of the department’s output and services.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, enjoying interaction with different generations of family
- Apply a disciplined approach (being organized, thorough and having good follow-through skills)
- Be flexible and demonstrate resiliency in a high demand environment.
- Organisation and prioritization of the workload to ensure that the Owners’ needs are fully met.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Sound judgment and the ability to maintain absolute discretion.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with various systems, ability to design reports.
- Ability to meet deadlines
We would love to see:
- A willingness to perform not only accounting work, but also other services typical of a Family Office.
- A commitment to this role and desire to work with the family as the Office grows (for the next 5-10 years)