Work structure: Flexible & Hybrid working
One of London’s most well-loved and renowned arts and culture organisations is looking for a highly motivated Assistant Financial Accountant to join their team and support on a range of financial areas, including transaction processing, reporting and reconciliation.
This is an amazing opportunity for an ambitious individual to grow and develop in a flexible and supportive team.
The role will include data analysis, stock reconciliation, leading on the preparation and submission of gift aid reclaims, maintaining the fixed asset register, and assisting with the implementation of process improvements.
Key contacts will be the wider finance team and budget holders, as well as HMRC and the internal and external auditors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analysis and reconciliation of retail stock and ticket sales
- Posting month-end journals and data analysis
- Preparation and submission of Gift Aid reclaims
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
We are looking for candidates with:
- Proven experience working in a finance team
- Working towards an accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and an understanding of finance systems
- The ability to manipulate data using various excel functions, e.g. sumif, vlookup
- A high level of attention to detail
- The ability to analyse and problem solve
- Prior experience of fixed assets and gift aid (desirable)
- Proven experience of working in the not-for-profit and / or entertainment sector (desirable though not essential)
We support flexible working, with a mixture of office based and home working on a weekly basis.
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on Wednesday 16th August 2023, although applications may close sooner, so make sure to apply as soon as you are able
Interviews will be held during the week commencing Monday 21st August 2023
If you’re ready for your next progressive career move, and want to find out more then please contact Lia Shibata-Myers at Ivy Rock Partners.