Diversity and Inclusion Policy
Ivy Rock Partners pledge to take every measure to uphold the recruitment industry’s responsibility.
It is our ultimate goal to never discriminate on grounds of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender, gender identity, marriage and civil partnerships, part-time working, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or any other factor irrelevant to a person’s work.
We will promote inclusion and equal opportunities in the workplace both to our staff and the candidates and clients we support; and challenge ourselves to battle unconscious bias at every step.
Practical measures and policies:
- No shortlist will be submitted or presented without at least a 50% representation of minority groups
- Every client will be offered a fully anonymised shortlisting, helping to decrease influence of affinity and unconscious bias; and we will agree what management information and data is useful to collect on behalf of the organisations we support as part of the ongoing evolution we all need to be part of to improve D&I
- We will interview all applications from disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
On an ongoing basis, we would welcome any thoughts on how we could improve our approach and update these policies to be more effective.
The Ivy Rock Team are also:
- checking our adverts to avoid biased/off-putting language: http://gender-decoder.katmatfield.com/
- Completing the Harvard unconscious bias training test to make sure we challenge ourselves internally (very important to avoid subjective judgements when ranking applicants) : https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/selectatest.html
We promise to always challenge what we perceive as being fair, listen to others and educate ourselves to learn how to put together a bespoke D&I plan with our clients. The above four practical measures will serve as a strong platform, but we are open to and welcome all suggestions on how to improve.
Michael Quest – Director, Ivy Rock Partners